One issue that Safari browser users may encounter is the dreaded message concerning a lack of free disk space when trying to download a file.
This issue commonly occurs even though there is plenty of disk space available.
Thankfully the solution to this issue is easy and can be achieved fixed with a few simple steps:
- Close Safari
- Open Finder
- Right-click on your Downloads folder and select Get info.
- Next to the name of your account change the Privilege to Read only and then back to Read and Write.
- Now select the Padlock and provide your login credentials for your Mac account.
- Select the black cog and select Apply to enclosed items.
- Select Ok to confirm the changes.
Now if you re-open Safari and try to download a file the download process should begin and the file should be deposited into your Downloads folder.