Date of last revision: 14th September 2018.
Black Moon Hosting collects data about and from your device during your visit to Blackmoonhosting.com, Blackmoonhosting.co.uk and any subdirectory.
This includes and involves:-
- Any data that you choose to explicitly make available and submit to us via any of our contact forms.
Explicit data may include:
- Identity Data includes first name, last name, username or similar identifier, title and date of birth.
- Contact Data includes billing address, home address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
You will always be notified when you are using a technology that is designed to allow you to transmit explicit data to us and/or;
- Data collected implicitly relating to your devices’ internet protocol (IP) address, operating system, platform, country of origin, browser plug-in types and type of web browser that you use and/or;
- The implicit storage of a cookie file within your web browser which informs us of which areas of our website that you browse to, the duration of your stay and the address of the website that referred you to our website. The cookie file also facilitates authentication so that our servers are capable of identifying and processing any requests that you make relating and during your browsing in any member account areas or interfaces.
Any data submitted to us explicitly by you, by choice, is submitted using industry standard encryption and stored in an encrypted environment.
Any data collected implicitly is not capable of personally identifying you and is collected and stored using industry standard encryption.
Data that is obtained and stored explicitly or implicitly about you and/or your device, whichever is applicable, is not shared with or accessible to any other external entity with the exception of the third parties listed in the below ‘Where your data is stored‘ section in the context of contractual payment processing and domain name processing elicited contractually by you.
Where your data is stored
Your data is stored on our secure servers in the United Kingdom (UK).
The data you supply explicitly may be stored outside of Europe where you use one of our approved secure payment processors and/or you order a domain name, domain name service or manage a domain name using our website.
Our approved secure payment processors include Paypal.com, Amazon.com and Stripe.com.
Our domain management and domain ordering facility is provided by Enom.com.
When we may process your data
Where you have explicitly supplied data to us for the purpose of:
- A contract for a service and/or product;
- An enquiry;
- Any other solicited objective;
we will endeavor to use such data to inform you of the progress and propagation or lack thereof until the subject, purpose or any other substantiating factors for or of the communication is/are either completed, cancelled, become void or reaches any other natural conclusion that is explicitly designated in our terms and conditions.
Where we have obtained any data in the manner defined under the aforementioned Data collecting heading and/or have sourced information capable of personally identifying you using our own research practices and in any case have used this data to communicate with you via any medium, we will have and will employ the following strict principles with regards to how we handle this data.
- Principle of legitimate interest (PLI): We may send email messages to you to enquire if you have an interest in a service or product that directly relates and is appropriate to you or the operations of your business or other similar entity of which you are the proprietor.
- Principle of accessibility: You may at any time and by any means request from us any personal data that we hold pertaining to you. Such requests may take up to 28 calendar days to process; this time frame is solely dependent on the multitudinous of the data held. An access charge may apply where your request is clearly repetitive, unfounded or excessive; this charge and the circumstances surrounding it will be communicated promptly to you.
- Principle of objection: Where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party listed under the Where your data is stored heading) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms
- Principle of erasure: This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see above), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
- Principle of withdrawal: You may withdraw your consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data: However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
- Principle of transfer: You may request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party: We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Principle of correction: You may request correction of your personal data: This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
You may make a request of the kind prescribed as part of our enumerated principles (see above) by contacting us using the following details:
Full name of legal entity: Black Moon Hosting
Name of recipient: Mr David Roe
Postal address: 174 North Wingfield Road, Grassmoor, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S42 5ED.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.